After Killing Its Microtransactions, Shadow Of War Gets A New Definitive Edition

Warner Bros. Interactive announced Middle-earth: Shadow of War is getting a Definitive Edition. Shadow of War recently removed its in-game market and completely cut out all microtransactions, so it’s the perfect opportunity to pick up this 2017 action RPG if you have yet to play it.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition packages the main game with the full Expansion Pass–which includes all paid DLC–and the free updates and improvements that have come out since release. The Expansion Pass adds additional missions, playable characters, weapons, abilities, and enemy types to the game, as well as a completely new region for Talion to explore. The main storyline is expanded upon in the Blade of Galadriel and Desolation of Mordor DLCs, and the Nemesis system gets two more Orc tribes with the Slaughter Tribe and Outlaw Tribe DLCs.

Most notable among the free updates is a streamlined post-game Epilogue, narrated by Shelob, the Witch-king, and Dark Talion. The Epilogue rewards players with Masks of the Nazgul, each of which comes with its own in-game bonus. The Epilogue was previously known as the Shadow Wars, a lengthy slog of missions that occurred at the end of the game that we complained about in our Shadow of War review.

No Caption Provided

Shadow of War also includes the updated Follower level cap–which has been increased to 80–and greater XP rewards so Talion and his Orc army grow stronger more quickly. An Endless Siege mode adds a feature where Talion must defend his fortresses against never-ending waves of Sauron’s forces and two new difficulty levels add even more challenge to the game.

Middle-earth: Shadow of War Definitive Edition is launching for Xbox One, PS4, and PC on August 28. It’s sold at $60 in the US and at £50 in the UK.

Rocket League: Ultimate Edition Releases This August; Here’s Everything Included

A new retail version of Rocket League is coming to store shelves on August 28. Called Rocket League: Ultimate Edition, this version of Psyonix’s popular sports game features 16 DLC Battle-Cars and a collection of cosmetic items.

Rocket League: Ultimate Edition includes the DLC that comes with the original game–Chaos Run, Revenge of the Battle-Cars, and Supersonic Fury–and the four Battle-Cars included in the Rocket League Collector’s Edition: Esper, Masamune, Aftershock, and Marauder. The Ultimate Edition also adds the Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack, DC Super Heroes DLC pack, and the Proteus, Triton, and Vulcan Battle-Cars. All of these updates come preloaded on the disc or cartridge, so you won’t have to punch in a code to download all of the cars and add-ons.

The Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice Car Pack includes the Batmobile from the film. The Batmobile has proven to be one of Rocket League’s most popular Battle-Cars–its wide and flat hit box makes it easy for players to dribble past opponents, whether on the ground or in the air. The pack also includes three antenna flags, each dedicated to one of DC Comic’s famous trinity: Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman.

The DC Super Heroes DLC Pack adds the Batmobiles from 2012’s Dark Knight Rises and 1989’s Batman. The two Battle-Cars haven’t seen much popularity in Rocket League’s competitive scene. The same can be said for the Proteus, Triton, and Vulcan.

The Octane, Dominus, and Breakout–as well as their updated models the Octane ZSR, Dominus GT, and Breakout Type-S–continue to be popular in competitive play for their balance of hit box height, width, and length as well as their tight turn radiuses. As said before, the Dawn of Justice Batmobile is also one of the top choices for competitive play. Mantis, which has a similar hit box and turn radius to the Batmobile, is beginning to rise in popularity as well.

Rocket League is available on Xbox One, PS4, Switch, and PC. The Ultimate Edition is only available for consoles.

11 Most Shocking Cannibal Horror Movies Ranked

Since the horror genre’s very earliest days, filmmakers have delighted in shocking audiences and pushing back the boundaries of what is acceptable on-screen. A big part of why horror fans keep coming back for more is the hope that the next movie will really deliver something they’ve never seen before. Of course, screen taboos have shifted over the decades–what was considered shocking in the 1930s might seem laughable today, and audiences back then would have been utterly appalled by what is considered mainstream entertainment in 2018.

Cannibalism is one of the on-screen taboos that still has the power to upset viewers. We’ve been watching people eat other people in horror movies for decades, but there is something so primal and unpleasant about the concept, that no matter how many times you’ve seen it, even the strongest stomach can be turned by onscreen cannibalism if delivered effectively by a director.

The most controversial cycle of cannibal movies came from Italy during the late-’70s and early-’80s. These were exploitation movies, often set in South America, in which people from the “civilized” world were captured and eaten by the natives. This sub-genre didn’t last long, but the most extreme examples remain notorious today, for both their staged violent content and the real-life animal cruelty that the filmmakers included to increase their notoriety.

Beyond those movies, cannibalism has taken on different forms in horror. Sometimes played for laughs, sometimes as an allegory, and often for old-fashioned scares. So, here’s a look at some of the best, scariest, and most shocking cannibal movies ever made. As once you’ve done that, check out our guide to the best possession movies, the best exploding heads in horror, and the horror sequels that are better than the originals. Hope you’re hungry…

Here’s What’s Up With The Hulk In Avengers: Infinity War

After losing an initial confrontation with Thanos in the opening scene of Avengers: Infinity War, Hulk refuses to emerge and help the Avengers take on the Mad Titan throughout the rest of the film. Fans have speculated that Hulk’s unwillingness to fight is because he’s scared of losing to Thanos again, but the writers and directors behind Infinity War have denounced such speculation. Turns out Hulk isn’t scared; he’s angry.

Spoilers for Infinity War follow.

On the commentary track of Infinity War–the movie is available right now for digital download–writer Christopher Markus said the movie is “the beginnings of Bruce’s issues” and the continuation of the character’s story arc. For the first time since becoming Hulk, Bruce is being forced to deal with threats on his own–even having to rely on his own ingenuity to defeat Cull Obsidian with Tony’s Hulkbuster armor. Hulk doesn’t want to help in Infinity War because he’s tired of Bruce only relying on the scary green monster when there’s trouble to be dealt with. The Hulk wants a life that’s more than smashing Bruce’s problems.

“What makes [Bruce Banner] unique as a character is that there’s a host body that is being fought over by two distinct personalities who hate each other. Both want control of the host body,” director Joe Russo said. “So, the relationship is becoming increasingly dysfunctional and that’s what’s going on here.”

We saw Hulk begin to express his individuality in Thor: Ragnorok, and now Infinity War is driving home the point that Bruce and Hulk are two different people with their own wants and needs. Whether or not Bruce learns to accept the Hulk as an equal in time for Earth’s strongest hero to join the final battle in Avengers 4 remains to be seen. Regardless, Bruce is right, the two need to start talking to one another–especially if they want to move forward and have a healthier relationship.

The extra stuff that comes with buying Infinity War is full of goodies, like a hilarious deleted scene that features the Guardians of the Galaxy and Nebula and learning that Happy Hogan was supposed to be in the movie.

Here’s When Valve’s First New Game In Years, Artifact, Releases On Steam

Valve’s new game, Artifact, finally has a release date. The digital card game launches for PC on November 28 and will be available for mobile at a later date.

Artifact is conceptually based on Dota 2, another game by Valve. Artifact has players facing off against one another on three separate game boards–like the three lanes in Dota 2–and victory is given to whomever successfully navigates to their opponent’s side and either destroys two out of the three enemy towers or defeats the “Ancient” that appears after one tower is destroyed.

Each player has their own deck composed of 40 cards, five of which are heroes. At Artifact’s launch, 40 different heroes will be available, allowing players to start coming up with different strategies. The other 35 cards in a player’s deck are hero abilities and items, divided into four different color themes–red, green, black, and blue–depending on their unique effects on the board.

No Caption ProvidedGallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

Like Dota 2, Artifact will be entirely player versus player. Matches are always played online, although an offline tutorial mode against a computer will be available to teach newcomers about the game.

Artifact is designed by Richard Garfield, the same man behind the hugely popular Magic: The Gathering card game. Artifact launches via Steam on Windows, Mac, and Linux, and will be available for Android and iOS in 2019. Artifact costs $20 in the US. We’ve reached out to Valve to ask about international pricing.

Def Jam Might Be Teasing a New Game

Def Jam Recordings has been asking its social media followers what they want from a new game, leading some to believe a new Def Jam Vendetta sequel might be in the works.

On Twitter, the record label first asked fans which modern star they’d like to see on the cover of a hypothetical new Def Jam Vendetta, before following that up by asking which city they’d like to see as a setting, in the style of sequel Fight for NY:

Continue reading…

Aquaman Movie Is Getting a Prequel Novel

DC’s upcoming Aquaman solo film is getting a prequel novel.

Per Heroic Hollywood, DC and Harper Collins have teamed up to bring Aquaman: Undertow, which will center on a 13-year-old Arthur Curry.

The story follows Arthur, with the help from his friend Claudia, discovering the truth about the world of Atlantis and his mother Queen Atlanna, portrayed by Nicole Kidman in the film. Details about the novel’s release date will be shared in the next few weeks.

Meanwhile, Aquaman opens in theaters on December 21 in the U.S. and UK, and December 26 in Australia.

For more on the film, be sure to read our breakdown of the villainous Ocean Master and the five things we learned about the new Aquaman trailer.

Continue reading…